Europe is one of the finest places to live and has several benefits. Citizenship in one of the EU countries means access to varied economic opportunities and a world-class health and education system.
Having European citizenship also makes traveling more convenient; it’s affordable, visa-free, and well-connected.
One of the best options for European citizenship is the Golden Visa program offered by a few European countries.
The Golden Visa program offered by Portugal is one of the world’s top citizenships by investment programs. The Golden Visa program gets investments from thousands of people worldwide.
The Golden Visa of Portugal is unique and attractive because of its many features discussed below.
Golden Visa Portugal
Citizenship by investment, also known as the Golden Visa, allows non-EU/EEA citizens to get residency and later citizenship in European countries.
The Portuguese Golden Visa program is the most popular one in Europe because of the diversity of investment options, affordability, and flexibility available to investors.
In addition, the golden visa investment allows your entire family (blood relatives) to benefit from the investment.
New policy for Golden Visa in 2022
In January 2022, the Immigration and Borders Service (SEF) introduced changes in the Golden Visa requirements.
While the minimum investment for the golden visa for specific residency properties remains €500K, the changes have limited and specified the geographical areas where residential properties are eligible and qualified for investment.
Investors can purchase commercial real estate anywhere in the country worth at least €500K.
The changes have also increased the capital transfer amount from €1 million to €1.5 million.
Investment options for Portugal’s Golden Visa
· Residential Real Estate
An investor can acquire residency by investing a minimum of €500,000 in residential real estate properties in designated interior areas of Portugal.
Another option is an investment of €350,000 in a rehabilitation project.
· Commercial Real Estate
A minimum of €500,000 investment in commercial real estate property anywhere in the county. Or a €350,000 investment if it is a rehabilitation project.
Other options for acquiring Golden Visa in Portugal
1. Capital transfer worth €1.5 million.
2. The creation of at least ten job positions
3. Contribution of €500,000 to scientific or technology research.
4. Company incorporation and creating ten jobs amount to a minimum value of €500,000.
5. Donation of €250,000 to support the reconstruction of national heritage in Portugal.
Why choose Portugal for Golden Visa Investment?
In addition to the diversity of options that Portugal provides its investors, it is one of the finest European countries.
If the investor decides not to live, they also have that option. An investor in Golden Visa must stay in Portugal for only seven days a year.
For anyone investing in Golden Visa Program, Portugal doesn’t bring any tax responsibility unless they decide to stay more than 183 days in the country. After 183 days, the person becomes a tax resident in the country.
Portugal has a favorable tax regime for foreigners interested in relocating to Portugal and wanting to become tax residents.
The non-habitual residency (NHR) offers certain tax exemptions in the income tax for the first 10 years. However, the rules slightly changed in 2020 regarding tax breaks on the pension incomes of foreign prisoners.
You can work, study, and live in Portugal through the Golden Visa Program. If you decide to live in Portugal full-time through Golden Visa, you will have access to all the public facilities, including health and education.
This visa also allows you to apply for any jobs or start your own business in the country. One of the reasons the Golden Visa program attracts foreigners is the policy regarding family reunification.
The family Golden Visa applicant can extend their visa to other family members. The application process for the principal applicant and dependents is processed simultaneously.
Eligibility for Golden Visa Portugal
· Anyone with non-EU/EEA/Swiss nationality can apply for the program.
· The main applicant must be 18 years old and above and hold a clean criminal record from their home country and Portugal.
· The investment should be transferred from outside Portugal.
The applicant should have a minimum investment in any Golden Visa Investment options mentioned above. The Golden Visa can be extended to the following family members of the applicant.
· Children under the age of 18.
· Dependent children under the age of 26 if they are not married and are full-time enrolled students.
· Parents above the age of 65.
Benefits of investing in Golden Visa of Portugal
1. Freedom of mobility.
2. Options of investing in multiple properties.
3. No legal obligations of residing in the purchased property.
4. Affordable and numerous investment options.
5. One investment to facilitate all family and coming generations.
6. Eligibility for Portuguese citizenship or permanent residency in just five years of the investment.
7. A chance to live in a country with the best weather and affordable living.
8. The Portuguese passport is the fifth strongest passport in the world.
If you want to apply for the Golden Visa program and live in the world’s best continent, then connect with our experts today!